Thursday, October 27, 2011

Behind the Scarlet Curtain:: Burlesque 202 (Sneak Peak!)

Without giving too much away, I want to give my readers a little sneak peak of what is going to come out of the Academy of Burlesque in another two-three weeks. Last week I started Burlesque 202 with Waxie Moon. What makes this class unique is that it is almost entirely a “boylesk” class! Myself, Sir Eddie Van Glam, Piston Chambers, Rip Curl, and Man Johnson make up the bulk of the class. Seattle’s newest import, Summer Lovin from Chicago will provide the sole aspect of burlesque femininity to the class, and she a cutie too!


If you are a familiar with at least two of these performers you can get an idea of how varied the acts are going to be. Piston Chamber’s campy, high energy, boyish charm contrasts beautifully with Sir Eddie Van Glam’s mature, metrosexual aura and robust masculinity. Rip Curl’s geek-chic concepts and goofball stage presence, and Man Johnson’s unabashed kink factor and shy slutiness will add some serious humor and definitely up the level of “sick” awesomeness. Finally, Summer Lovin’s classic burlesque beauty will provide the essential “hard points” for the audience to grasp on to.

As for me? Well, as always I will strive to add my own flare and style to the show. There will be some fun dance moves, some sultry attitude, and like many of my shows some sort of anthropomorphic animal. ;-P

As a teacher Waxie Moon has been incredibly encouraging and supportive, and his insights to our numbers have been amazing! I am so excited to get pushed to my limits as a dancer and as a burlesque performer in this class. I am also very excited by the insights and feedback others in the class have been providing. I must admit that I talk WAY too much, but it is nice to have the opportunity to contribute, and my classmates have yet to tell me to shush up. Of course there are two weeks left (yikes! Only two weeks left!) so we might get to that point soon.

A few words and phrases to tease and tantalize your imaginations: milk bottles, celebrity crushes, marching band, vacuum cleaner, “Occupy…” and my “special sting.”

The recital is on November 12th, with performances at 7:00pm and 9:30pm. You can purchase tickets from students in the class for $10 each. Let one of us know if you need tix and we hope to see you there. It’s gonna be all sorts of sexy.

Loves!

~ Fosse Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment