Sunday, June 24, 2012

Starving Artists, Scissor Sisters, and SEAF

Wow this has been a crazy and full week!  It started with Starving Artists on Parade on Monday at The Noc Noc.  I had the opportunity to perform at this side show type cabaret, hosted by the delightful Twisted Trystan, a local side-show performer who happened to catch my act at another show a couple of months ago.  Trystan runs Starving Artists on the Third Monday Night of each month, bringing together vendors, burlesque performers, dancers, circus artists, and musicians to create a fun dive back into the weekend at the start of the week.

It was a pleasure to performer on the Noc Noc's stage once more, and fun to see the sort of crowd that comes out on a Monday night!  I was honored to share the stage with Trystan himself, as well as The Scandal from Bohemia, Mai Li Pittard, Betty Fish, Cubs McGee, and Ursula Major.  I wasn't able to stay till the end (ah, balancing a performing career with a day job!) but I understand things go pretty intense after I left.  I heard things about beds of nails, screw guns, and elaborately made up drag queens suspended by hooks from the ceiling!  Wow!  The show is a different each month but it seems like its solid entertainment and the Noc Noc always pours strong drinks, so I think folks to check it out next month!

On Tuesday night I had the awesome opportunity to attend The Scissor Sisters' concert at The Paramount.  I love this band and have been talking about wanting to see them for weeks when low and behold one of my buddies said that he had bought two extra tickets thinking there was someone in his circle who wanted to see them, and then remembered it was me!  Sweet!

For those of you who don't know lead singer, Jake Shears is a Seattle-native, and I hope he enjoyed his visit home.  Ana Matronic, a native of Portland, of course got to poke fun at the sibling rivalry between our two cities.

The crowd that came out to see them were a bit tamer than I was hoping, but such is a Tuesday night in Seattle, I suppose. Still the Sisters rocked the evening like a big pre-ki for Seattle PRIDE! Let's Have a Kiki, Keep Your Shoes On and Only the Horses from their newest album were definite favorites (I NEED this album!) but it was a couple of their oldies like Take Your Mama Out, and I Don't Feel Like Dancin were the crowd sing-a-longs.

The Paramount floor was hot, sweaty and crowded but it was a lot of fun and I am super glad to have experienced it.  The Sisters are a fun show, and even though he didn't take his pants off, Jakes Shears is as sexy on stage as he is in all of those nearly naked photos he tweets.  He rocked the dance floor all night, and even though he was looking a little winded by the end, he gave the encore his all.  Awesome.  Their newest album Magic Hour is out, and I believe available on iTunes.  Check them out!

The other major event I had the opportunity to participate in was the Seattle Erotic Arts Festival at The Fremont Studios.  This year marked 10 years of SEAF's celebration of Love and Lust, and it was a blast.  I had the opportunity to perform on the Mainstage, as a Stage Pup and as part of Waxie Moon's finale piece.  The opportunity to share the stage (and dressing room!) with super stars like Waxie Moon, Miss Indigo Blue, Tigger, The Shanghai Pearl, Tamara the Trapeze Lady, and everyone else was a true honor.

The show itself, hosted by Armitage Shanks, was a pretty stellar piece of erotic entertainment.  We had music by The Wet Spots (creators of SHINE!), aerial work, seductive strip tease, a guy wedding a dildo, a mild mannered nurse who become Wonder Woman by night, an auto-erotic experience while cleaning the tub, pole dancing, acrobatic bounding, boys in very little on their hands and knees, and bukkake, and we tied it all up with a rousing anthem the of sexual-spiritual kind.  Both nights I walked home glowing and thanking God that I was born a sexual creature.

As for the remainder of the festival, I had a lot of fun wandering the halls before the show began.  Artwork depicting everything from a clown emerging from a vagina and climbing a massive phallus, to photos of a dazzling array of sexual positions, a history of homo-erotic photography from the 1950s on, a chia-pet vagina, and paintings both bizarre, and beautiful.  There were demonstrations of bondage, strip tease, and other erotic arts, and performances including suspension, body painting, and a rather beautiful piece of sensuality performed by the ladies of Sinner Saint Burlesque.  There were clowns, masters and slaves, guys in drag, and women in leather, masks, and lots of skin.  It was a lot to take in, so to speak, but it was pretty awesome.  If you didn't get to go this year, I would encourage you to check it out next year!

As for today, Pride, well wouldn't you know it, I had to work and I work again tomorrow so no play for me.  Still the I've seen picture of the parade and I know there is a lot going on tonight.  So when people read this tomorrow, or in the days to come, know that I am excited to year your PRIDE experiences this year!

It doesn't matter if you are gay or straight, lesbian or bisexual, transgendered, transvestite, mono, poly, vanilla, kinky, or anything... take PRIDE in who you love and how you love them.

Loves!
~ Fosse Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment