Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Postmortem: RUDOLPH!

Jack & Wood's 1st Annual Holiday Special: RUDOLPH! was a success.  In retrospect, I see things that in the future I will do differently and things upon which I want to expand but I am pleased with the project in general.  I am thankful for everyone who made this event possible:

  1. A wonderful and supportive ensemble and crew: Ashley Coates (performance and props), Becky Peterson (performer), Colin Madison (stage manager, website), Emily Cappel (performer), Jason Studstill (techie), John Huddlestun (performer and choreographer), Kat Schroeder (performer), Qevin Smith (performer... and for keeping me sane through this process!), Rachel Lamb/Miles (performer), and Sam Petit (performer).  And though he was not involved in RUDOLPH! thanks go to Brendan Mack for all his help and support this year.
  2. Our fabulous guest artists: Adra Boo and Stella D'Letto
  3. Everyone at the Rendezvous and Jewelbox Theater; who have been marvelously supportive this past year!
  4. Dear friends who attended the show, many of whom have supported us from early on (Zack Wheeler, Steven Stone who each have attended nearly every Jack & Wood Show this year!)
  5. New friends and fans of Jack & Wood.
  6. Seattle Stage Right who has been a major support (and whose entire board of directors has been a part of Jack & Wood), and with whom I hope to continue a fruitful partnership.
  7. Finally, my dear friend co-host and co-producer Miss Polly Wood.  We have come a long way from our SPU days, and I have no doubt that we will go far.
There are others that I should thank, and if I have forgotten to mention you by name, you have my apologies, but know that every single person who has contributed to RUDOLPH! and to other installments of the Jack & Wood Show this year, you have my deepest thanks.  You have all helped my dream come to life.

With a few more things to do to wrap up this year, and a gift to make out for Lambert House (everyone who came to RUDOLPH!, thank you for helping us make even a small donation to this great cause!), and final paperwork and numbers to work out, I have little to block my vision of lots of fun shows and opportunities to come.

With dates submitted to The Rendezvous for all of 2011, and plans to find a secondary venue (I would love for the kids at Lambert House to be able to see RUDOLPH! next year), there is much to do, and a look forward to the continued challenges I will face with Jack & Wood.

Loves!
~ Fosse Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment