Friday, May 21, 2010

Sinner Saint Burlesque presents "VAUDEVILLE!"

Opening Night

As I sit down to write this review I find myself at a loss. How can you describe something which is best enjoyed in the moment, where the unexpected is so much a part of the experience? To describe in any detail the acts in Sinner Saints' new show would almost be a disservice, yet I feel the need to say more than just 'go see it' which you should!

Since I first started going to their shows about a year ago, Sinner Saint has been my favorite burlesque troupe, and several of the members of SSB rank among my favorite performers in Seattle. Talent, creativity and masterful stage presence... These women have it all.

From Nicole Lucas' wit, self deprecating, fearless humor, to Evilyn Sin Claire's powerful sensuality, smoldering eyes and aura of latent danger to Lolita 'Tatas' Valentino's natural charm, sass and affected awkwardness, to Polly Wood's class and expert versatility, there is something in this show for everyone.

While all of the women at Sinner Saint are noteworthy, I feel that this show highlights the talents of three in particular.

Dona Dei Cuori is a newcomer to SSB. Dona has shown herself equal to her peers in both talent and comedic timing. Her CanCan number is particularly enjoyable and her glove removal and boa wrangling in her strip tease act was awesome. I look forward to seeing what else she will bring to the table.

Jesse Belle Jones spreads her wings in this show highlighting talents only briefly explored before. Both her acts are flawless and as the Bitchy Belle of Savannah G A she is a solid class act. It is her non burlesque (in the modern sense) that is why I urge you to pay attention to the Modern Sexual Intellectual. I won't ruin the surprise but I fell in love with her a little because of it!

The final performer I will highlight is the Pint Size Powerhouse, Whiskey Bliss. I first saw Whiskey as the Punk Rockcoon in Animalia and I was very impressed, this show bumps my opinion up a couple of notches above a bar set high to start. Both her burlesque performances and her vocal (girl's got pipes!) one were superb. My favorite thing about her performances, in both cases, is the expressiveness of her face. She is hysterical!

My words do the ladies at Sinner Saint little justice but let me make clear my enthusiastic love for this troupe! Seriously, they are my favorite for a reason. I hope that you get a chance to see this show. It is an homage to the founding of burlesque and as I said there is something for everyone at VAUDEVILLE!

Sinner Saint Burlesque
Thursdays 9PM Door/9:30 Show

NocNoc
1516 2nd Ave
Seattle, WA

http://www.sinnersaintburlesque.com/#

No comments:

Post a Comment